Hampden-Wilbraham Regional School District
The Road to Kindergarten
Video of the Road to Kindergarten Presentation
How can families get answers to specific questions about Kindergarten?
Principals will be available to answer any additional questions via email.
- Sharon Moberg firstname.lastname@example.org for Green Meadows Families (Hampden residents)
- Chante Jillson email@example.com for Mile Tree Families (Wilbraham residents)
Children eligible to begin Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year must be five years of age before September 1, 2021.
Please complete the Initial Registration Form. This form begins the process of Kindergarten registration. It provides essential information to the district regarding the students primary parent/guardian contact information and siblings. This can be completed now. Please see the links below.
Please use the links below to print the documentation that must be submitted. The parent checklist provide the list of everything needed to register a student.
Parents must submit their child’s original birth certificate, health records, proof of residency (if home owner→bring tax bill, if renting→bring rental agreement & Residency Statement), original/complete custodial documents (if applicable), and all forms listed on the district website for registration.
FORMS to print and submit:
- Parent/Guardian Checklist
- HWRSD Emergency Form 2021-2022
- HWRSD Home Language Survey Form
- HWRSD Health Services Brochure
- MA School Health Record Form
- Certificate of Immunization
- Medical History Form
- Residency Affidavit
- HWRSD Kindergarten Health Information Letter 2021-2022
What are the steps to fully register my child for Kindergarten?
- Complete the Initial On-line Registration form found on the District website’s Registration page. SEE LINK BELOW
- Gather all the necessary forms and documents that are required for K registration. Please see the parent/guardian checklist link below.
- At the appointment, parents/guardians will meet with building Administrative Assistants and the School Nurse to review and confirm all documentation is complete.
- After all the required paperwork has been submitted, the primary parent/guardian will receive an email for the final Registration link. Please complete the final online form. Once the final online Kindergarten registration is completed, the Kindergarten registration process is complete. The final registration link can only be sent once all of the required documents are submitted.
Registration Dates by appointments
- Please call the school your child will be attending to arrange a registration appointment.
If you have any questions about the KINDERGARTEN registration process the administrative assistant can answer your questions.
- Mile Tree: Tuesday, May 25; and Thursday, May 27
- Green Meadows: Thursday, May 20
Kindergarten Screening appointments will be available in the beginning of May. Screening will take approximately 30 minutes. A parent or guardian will accompany their child to the screening appointment. The child will meet with school professionals for individual screening assessments.
Integrated Early Childhood Program Preschool Registration 21-22
Information and documents regarding the Integrated Early Childhood Program
Application Process for Peer Partners:
Application deadline: January 31, 2021 Please return the completed application to Student Services.
Screening by Appointments: March 2021
Lottery Completed by March 26, 2021
Lottery Notification: On or before April 9, 2021 Notification to parents of program placement or waiting list.
Non-refundable deposit of $300.00 due to secure placement.
New Student Registration for families moving to the Hampden-Wilbraham School District during the school year. Grades K-12
Please complete the indicated forms and return them to the District Office at 621 Main St in Wilbraham to register your child.
Stony Hill, Soule Road, Wilbraham Middle, Minnechaug Registration
Information and Documents to register a student at these schools